Using the Outlook Calendar is the most common way to schedule a meeting. Often, the meeting is scheduled with individuals who are not all at the same location and the meeting must be conducted over the phone.
Please follow the steps below to add a conference call option to meeting requests, using Microsoft Lync.
- In Outlook, select the Calendar and click on New Appointment
- Select the date and time of the conference call
- Select the Lync Meeting icon
- The Lync meeting conference ID number will be added to the body of the invitation
5. Add the meeting attendees and send the meeting request.
Meeting recipients who are logged into Microsoft Lync should simply click on the Join Lync Meeting link in the meeting request to join the meeting via Microsoft Lync.
External meeting recipients and cell phone users can join by phone by dialing any of the Join by phone numbers and entering the Conference ID number.
Note: If you are using a Lync phone in a Pandora office, simply dial 2222 instead of calling the 10-digit conference numbers listed.
If you experience problems with adding Lync Meetings to calendar invitations, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: