Giving another user Delegate access to your calendar in Outlook allows that user to view and manage items in your Outlook calendar. They would be able schedule new meetings and reschedule existing meetings on your behalf. All requests that are created or modified by Delegates will indicate that the request is "on behalf of" the owner of the mailbox.
Please follow the steps below to give another user Delegate access to your calendar.
- Open Outlook
- Click File, then select Account Settings
- From the Account Settings drop-down menu, select Delegate Access
- Select Add…
- Search for the name of the person you want to allow access to your calendar. Once selected, click the Add -> button and click OK
- In the Delegate Permissions box, make sure to only allow access to the Calendar.
In this box, you can also set someone as a delegate to your Inbox and allow them to manage your e-mail, contacts etc. There are also additional options at the bottom of the window to update the delegate with a summary of permissions and to allow delegates to view e-mails marked "Private".
- After clicking OK, please be patient, as Outlook may take a moment to respond.
The Delegate access should take immediate effect and will remain in effect until the access is removed.
Note: To remove Delegate access, follow step 3 above, selecting the Remove button after clicking on the name of the user you wish to remove.
If you experience problems with granting or removing Delegate access, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: