There are two conference calling options available at Pandora. The preferred method is to use Microsoft Lync, which is integrated with Microsoft Outlook. The Lync option is limited to 25 participants per call and there are no additional costs to Pandora for using Lync for conference calls. Additionally, Lync allows meeting presenters to share their screen, video and individual applications with participants.
The second option is to use Voxogo, a voice-only call conferencing solution. Voxogo can handle an unlimited number of participants in a conference call. There is a cost per minute, per participant when using this option.
The procedure for using each option is outlined below:
Option 1 – Microsoft Lync
- In Outlook, select the Calendar and click on New Appointment
- Select the date and time of the conference call
- Select the Lync Meeting icon
- The Lync meeting conference ID number will be added to the body of the invitation
You can share any of the Join by phone numbers and the Conference ID number with anyone to join the conference call.
Note: If you are using a phone in the office, simply dial 2222 instead of dialing the "Join by phone" number to join the conference call.
Option 2 – Voxogo
- Take note of any 8-digit code that all participants should use to join the conference call
- Share the 8-digit code with all the participants
- All participants must dial 1-213-493-0837 and enter the 8-digit code
- The conference call will automatically be activated immediately after the first caller enters the 8-digit code
The attached document lists controls for several features that can be managed during conference calls, including:
- Increasing and decreasing the volume
- Checking the number of participants on the call
- Muting and unmuting yourself and all other participants
- Locking and unlocking the meeting to others attempting to join the call
- Starting and stopping recording of the call
If you are hosting a conference call in another country, the list of Pandora dial-in numbers to use for each country is below.
If you experience problems with creating or joining a conference call, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: