A temporary GP password is set whenever a new user is created or an existing user forgets their password. When the user logs into GP using the temporary password, a prompt appears requiring the user to enter a new password.
Please follow these steps to change the temporary password in GP:
- Double-click the Dynamics GP icon on your desktop. The first login and password is to the application server. Please use the same network ID and password that you use to log onto your computer. After logging on to server, you will see the Dynamics GP login window.
- Login to GP using the temporary password: P@ssword1 and click OK.
- A dialogue box indicating the following will display: You must change your password before accessing Microsoft Dynamics PG. Do you want to change your password now?
- The Change User Password window will open. Enter the temporary password above in the Old Password field.
- Enter your new personal password in the first field. The second field will be greyed out until you use the Tab key to move to it.
- Enter the same new password into the second field and click OK.
Your personal password must conform to the following Global standards:
- Must be a minimum of 8 characters long
- Cannot contain your full first or last name.
- Must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
--Upper Case letters
--Lower Case letters
--Symbols (e.g. !@#$%^&*()_+)
- Your new password must start with a letter (not a number or a symbol).
You will be required to change your password every 90 days, and you can not re-use a password.
If you experience problems with setting your GP password, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: