The Outlook 2013 program on your computer will not allow you to change the auto-reply message for a shared mailbox. It will be necessary for you to log into Outlook Web Access to access the shared mailbox and update the auto-reply message.
Please follow the steps below to login to Outlook Web Access.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Outlook Web Access by going to the following web address:
- Click on the profile picture icon at the top right of the page:
- Move the mouse down and click on Open another mailbox…:
- Type in the name or email address of the mailbox you wish to change the auto reply for, and click the Search button. The mailbox should populate automatically, when it does click Open:
- Once the mailbox loads, click the Gear button at the top right of the window, then click Options:
- In the Mail section:
- Click Automatic replies.
- Make sure the appropriate Send Automatic Replies settings are set.
- Enter/change the auto reply message in the text box.
NOTE: If you wish to also change the message sent to users outside the PANDORA organization, scroll down and apply the same changes below.
- Click Save.
You can test the auto-reply change by sending a message to the shared mailbox from your Outlook account.
If you experience problems with adding or changing automatic replies on shared mailboxes, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: