Each Surface Pro 3 tablet includes a Surface Pen. The Surface Pen allows you to write and draw in multiple applications, such as OneNote, but the Pen can also be used in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel.
The set of procedures below describe how you can use the Surface Pen, or your finger, to sign or draw in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote and Adobe PDF documents.
Adobe (PDF Documents):
- Open the PDF that you wish to edit using the Surface Pen
- Click the Comment button near the top right of the document
- Click the Draw free form pen button:
- You can now draw freely on the document using your Surface pen, your finger, or the mouse
Microsoft Word 2013, Excel 2013, PowerPoint 2013, Publisher 2013 and OneNote 2013 documents:
- Open the document that you wish to edit using the Surface Pen
- Move the pen over the screen, or tap the screen with the Surface Pen. A new tab will appear in the ribbon labeled Ink Tools. Click or tap on Pens
- Choose the pen thickness, color, and other settings by either clicking or tapping each one. You will now be able to draw using the Surface Pen, your finger, or the mouse
- Click or tap Stop Inking to stop drawing
If you experience problems, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: