There are many sources of information available on best physical and logical practices in the workplace. If everyone follows safe practices, it creates a save working environment for all!
Below are a few physical and logical safety guidelines that all Pandora staff members should consistently follow.
- Always visibly wear your access card or badge.
- Keep important documents locked in secure cabinets.
- Open packages and envelopes in the office only if the source or sender is positively identified.
- Always lock your computer when stepping away from your desk.
- Important documentation must be disposed properly, in recycling bins or shredder.
- Do not open programs, documents, or email attachments unless you have verified the authenticity of the sender.
- Make sure to always delete files from USB thumb drives; especially after borrowing or when lending to others.
- Remote users should refrain from connecting to the VPN though a non-secure internet connection.
- All important work-related documents should be stored on an appropriate file server, not only on the local hard drive.
- Change your network password before the 90-day expiration date. Always use a strong password that includes upper & lower case letters, numbers and special characters.
If you have questions or experience problems with following security best practices, please contact the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: