Sometimes you may find it necessary to share one or more spreadsheets in a MS Excel document, but you do not want to share the entire workbook. The procedure below will walk you through copying individual spreadsheets from an existing workbook into a new workbook that can be shared with others.
1. Open the MS Excel workbook that contains the spreadsheets you would like to copy.
2. Open a another instance of MS Excel in a new window by right-clicking on the currently open instance of MS Excel in the Task Bar and selecting Excel 2013
3. In the workbook that contains the spreadsheets that you would like to share, select and right-click on the spreadsheet tab at the bottom of the MS Excel window and select Move or Copy...
4. In the pop-up window, click the Create a copy check box
5. In the To book field, select the name of the new spreadsheet that was just opened. In the Before sheet list, select the sheet that the imported spreadsheet should be inserted in front of
Note: The order of sheets can be rearranged by simply clicking and dragging them.
6. Select the OK button to create a copy of the spreadsheet in the newly opened Excel workbook
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 to add additional spreadsheets to the newly created workbook.
8. After copying all the spreadsheets to the workbook, make sure to the new workbook. After the new workbook is saved, you may share it with others
If you experience problems copying spreadsheets to new workbooks, please report the issue to the NAM Help Desk using one of the contact methods below: